eXtplorer is a web-based File Manager. You can use it to
- browse directories & files on the server and
- edit, copy, move, delete files,
- search, upload and download files,
- create and extract archives,
- create new files and directories,
- change file permissions (chmod) and much more…
The Main Features of eXtplorer are:
- Copy & Move Files and Directories by Drag&Drop
- Dynamic Directory Tree with on-demand loading of subdirectories
- Edit Files (with Syntax-Highlighting thanks to EditArea)
- Rename, Delete or Create new Files and Directories
- Access Files through FTP or directly (using PHP) to totally overcome permission and file ownership issues
- Upload or Download files just as you like
- Create and Extract Archives (ZIP, Tar, Tar/GZ, Tar/BZ)
- User Management with different permission levels like “View only” or “Edit” and “Admin”
- installs easily as a component for Joomla!.
- Extract the downloaded Archive to a local directory, say C:Filesextplorer
- Login to your server via FTP and create a subdirectory for eXtplorer, say /extplorer
- Allow write access for your webserver for that subdirectory and the subdirectory/extplorer/ftp_tmp (e.g. chmod 777)
- Upload all eXtplorer files from your computer into the subdirectory on the server
- Browse to the URL http://<YOURSERVER>/extplorer and login (user: admin, pass: admin).Remember to immediately change the admin password.
Important: If you can’t change your admin password, this is most likely because the user file is not writable. With your FTP program browse to the eXtplorer directory /config and make the file “.htusers.php” writable (CHMOD 666).
Access eXtplorer the first time
If you access eXtplorer the first time, you are asked to change the admin password. You really need to change it – if not, your system is open to intrusion by hackers or other malicious people.
On the left of the main screen you can see the directory tree. If you click on a directory in that tree, eXtplorer checks for subdirectories and loads them if existant.
In the Internet Explorer and Firefox you can right-click on a directory and access a context menu with actions you can perform on it. A double-click on a directory allows you to rename it.
The grid in the center of the main screen lists the first 50 files of the currently selected directory. You can display directories in the list by clicking Show Directories in the toolbar. If the directory contains more than 50 files and dirs, you can use the page navigation in the footer of the grid to go to the next page or jump to a page of your choice.
The grid allows you to perform right-clicks on certain files. A right-click opens the context menu – as well as a double-click. Actions which couldn’t be executed are grayed out.
You can select multiple files at once using the Ctrl-Key while selecting items in the grid with the mouse or the up- and down- arrow keys.
eXtplorer FTP Web Service | Layanan FTP via Web | Web Browser FTP | Upload Melalui Web