For an educational institution, you can use the free email service offered by Google, the name of the product is GAFE acronym from Google Apps for Education.
Well for those who already have an email system before, and want to migrate to the GAFE email system, it can be done with the help of the GAFE admin institution. The method is as follows:
- Login to the GAFE admin portal (admin.google.com)
- Use an administrator account
- Enter the Data Migration menu
- Select what Migration will be done
- If Email, then do what type of email migration configuration, what needs to be considered is that the OLD EMAIL SYSTEM MUST STILL BE ACCESSED.
– Email source types must be known
– the connection protocol to the old email must be known
– the old email server must be known
– Old email username and password must be known
-after everything is filled, do click “Connect”
- Specify the time span of the email data you want to migrate, then email which part of the data you want to migrate.
- For gmail you can migrate through an authorization code sent to the old gmail email, then enter the new GAFE user
- The Migration Process runs
- The process runs in the background, so the page must be refreshed if you want to see progress
Please do something else first while waiting for the migration process to complete, because if the email is large, for example, migrating a Gmail inbox as much as 1,131 emails, along with the attachment, takes about 6 hours. All depending on old email infrastructure that you used.